Sunday, July 15, 2012

New upcoming worlds

We have a wet summer in Holland this year. So we spend quite some nights here in our Urban House instead down on the allotment. Yes, my little vegetable garden is being neglected but instead i am giving attention to something else i truly love....Books!!!! I am selecting all the books we have at home we did not read yet.  When i took this picture i was day 1 collecting. Meanwhile it is day 3 and there are 3 piles of books. It must be more than 25 books yet. And then you should know that there are still 12 boxes of books in the shed of my brother in law because of our -soon to come?- renovation project of the bedrooms......( i did read most of them though!). I feel a bit ashamed (did i buy that easy new books?) but try to see it above all as a joy: so many new worlds to lose myself in.....I will pick out the best for hammock reading in the Toscane sun......

Here come some of them:
- Freedom - Jonathan Safroer
- Steve Job's Biography
- De gedroomde samenleving - W. Schinkel (Critical sociology)
- A handful of happiness - R. Diekstra (psychology listenbook)
- Pip Pip - Jay Griffits
- Wild - Jay Griffits
- The constant Gardener- Jonh le Carre





 The colored lamps are from La Case de Cousin Paul. They illuminate the old wooden walking sticks from my dear Grandfather

No comments:

Post a Comment