Sunday, July 1, 2012

Green Berlin (1)

Two years ago i made a spontaneous trip to Berlin with a friend. Really enjoyed the city and decided to come back soon. Well, soon turned out to be a bit more longer, but 2 weeks ago i was finally there again. There was this opportunity to go to Berlin for a Sociology trip (i hope to finish my Master of Science this year). I did not know any other students so I could exactly do what i wanted to do. So i made a plan that existed about making NO PLAN at all.

In the last couple of years i discovered the wonderful life of not expecting. Natural i learned it the hard way (what i was expecting and longing for never came) but know i am picking the fruits from this painful journey. I am still struggling but learning and that brings so much joy. When you stop expecting and wanting your eyes suddenly notice the world around you, you live in the present and you have not fighting reality. That gives you this feeling of freedom.

So in Berlin i did not bother the rain, or the fact that a big part of the program was deleted, or the (age and lifestyle) gap between me and the other students, or whatever....I just enjoyed the company of new people and made room for Me time. Walked around in this Green, Tolerant & Creative city to see what comes my way, following my heart. Ohh my.....i had the best time ever, discovering a tiny bit of Berlin. I only went into 3 districts: Prenzlauerberg, Friedrichshain & Neukolln. Mostly by foot, a bit subway. Skipped the center and all the tourist stuff completely.  Now i have tons of beautiful pictures and happy memories.

Here comes some pics, the green part of Berlin. Hopes to inspire you to!












No comments:

Post a Comment