Sunday, February 13, 2011

Today is a Gift

After a Good night sleep i woke up cranky. I did not feel like getting up, just want to turn on my back and hide my head under the sheets. But i promised my love to make him breakfast before he would leave for a day - biking tour. So i made breakfast with a smile on my face (not). Of course, my crunchy yoghurt meal with home made Granola, honey and raspberries did not turn out the way it should according to my glossy Elle food. So hidden behind the newspapers, looking pale and being cranky you can imagine i was No Good Company!

So i decided to go back to bed again. I lighted a candle, poured in coffee in my favourite cup, turned on classic FM and snuggled up under the blanket. Ohhh life under the blanket; it was so indulging, just being lazy till noon! 
During a hot shower i realised Today is a gift! I can spend this whole day just by myself; i can do what ever i want. No dates, no roommate, just a sweet dog and cat who like to be lazy too. Just the thought gave me instant energy.

So my to do list suddenly was there:
I am going to bake muffins so i can treat myself tomorrow at work!
And i am going to bake a pie for my love. After all it is Valentine's Day tomorrow!
And i am going to walk in my new hiking shoes!
And i am going to do some DYIng for my moms' birthday who is turning 60!
And i am going to make Old Dutch Soup!
........................

Writing out my commitments makes me realise now that doing all this stuff is not going to help me to live mindfully. At the end of the day i will probably feel exhausted again.  This way i can overload myself. Does this sound familiar to you?

So now i will just focus on one thing and do some crafting for my mom's upcoming birthday. That is my first and only commitment for today. Enjoy your Day!


“Go easy, step lightly, stay free” - Joe Strummer

No comments:

Post a Comment