Sunday, December 4, 2011

Be gentle

Now and then i receive a letter from Alana Sheeren, a mother who lost her son and writes about her "journey through grief toward wholeness". I did not lost my son, but in a way, waiting for a baby for so long now sometimes feels like i lost my child. There are days that i am feeling suddenly so sad. Learning to be gentle to myself, but i still find it hard to cancel a party, family meeting or baby shower, just because i am feeling lost.  It is good to find a letter in your mailbox from some one who is able to write what you experience.  Alana wrote in her last letter about grief during holiday time.
" Notice what's underneath the surface. When we don't give ourselves space to express our emotions, they will often come out sideways. If you find yourself getting annoyed with a loved one [....],  ask yourself if what's happening in the moment is the issue, or if your grief is wanting attention".

Her letter helped me this weekend to give myself permission to my feelings. 
Alana, thanx for sharing. This upcoming week i will try to reminder your words.

"Ease Let go of the paddles. Trust. Allow things to come".

No comments:

Post a Comment