Friday, May 6, 2011

Granny Chic

This week i had some special time at my Granny's place. My dear grandfather (91) just moved into an care hotel, so after more than 60 years my Granny (86) now lives all by herself in the family house where 2 out of 3 kids where born. You can imagine how precious this place is to all of us. 

I went to my Granny for a sleep-over, so we could together enjoy her little rituals. 
 Just be able to be part of her everyday live.

Together 
drinking coffee in the sun
watching her shivering hands while sowing cress
listening to classic FM
have a chit chat with the neighbours
select pictures for Grandfather
stroll at de Fred.....
It was such a gift!

My mom (who also came for a few hours) and i made us a vegalicious dinner in Granny's adorable old kitchen.
 We prepared risotto with beans, with a carrot-fennel salade. For the first time in my life (sorry- i must admit i am from the generation Supermarket) I beaned shells.
What a beautys!
 For dessert i made French Toast with banana, curd & strawberries. 
This weekend i will post the recipe for this 
Delicious & Granny Chic Dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment