Thursday, January 13, 2011

Early Bird



Sometimes, it seems there are not enough ours in a day. Especially at work time flies and most of time i cannot even come close to my wish list of goals for every day. Partly this i because i am a trouble-shooter at work (you can never predict what is going to happen but you can predict something is going to happen), partly because i am a perfectionist.

Recently i discovered that i am an Early Bird: I love the Early Morning Quietness and the emptiness at school. So 2 to 3 times a weak i start at 7 a.m. The world is still asleep and i can do "my thing". I have been more productive as i start my day earlier and get more done in a day without feeling rushed and stress out. Between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. it even feels like Me Time! After 3 really productive hours i treat myself to a delicious cup of coffee at the coffee bar and then i have this feeling of accomplishment. I do not feel there is a shortage of time anymore and i welcome the day!

So being an early bird means:
- less noise
- more focus
- time to over think what is really important
- keeping to your schedule
- less stress

When i come home i feel more vital and can let go working stuff. What more do i need to say?

Hmm...start early also means sleep early. My ritual is to take a hot warm bath the night before and i gave up on TV. And i really do not mind. Especially now, with my duo Slaapaap pillow: what is better than relaxing by sleeping together and spooning all the way!

Sleep tight!

( By the way; Slaapaap is a great wedding gift!)

No comments:

Post a Comment