Friday, October 22, 2010

Our cozy little hide away



We are just back from our trip to Belgium, where we spent a week in a little wooden chalet in a farming village. It is a perfect place to retraite: on a hill in the forest, surrounded by pastures with cows and happy pigs in the mud.
The moment I walk through the fence and I see the chalet, there is peace in my mind. Do you know that feeling of being in totally harmony with yourself and life around you? 
Sitting in the sun with a book on my lap, next to me our litte dog tumbling through the leafs, and  boyfriend tinkering on his bicycle. What I else could I wish for?




It is so nice to let go daily routines and just do whatever you are into. It is a true joy to experience the full involvement in an activity that suits your needs.
Next to the stove, I got lost in Woolf's Orlando  - oh I love this books atmosphere! Now I know why it is important literature, and particularly in the history of women's writing and gender studies
And now I am carried away in Jonathan Franzen's Freedom. Oh I wish this autumn holiday never ends........

"When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. When you lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world." (Eckhart Tolle)

No comments:

Post a Comment